The Department of Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering is grateful to its alumni and friends for their support of scholarships that are available to students currently enrolled in the Department. A complete listing of all endowed scholarships in the Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources can be found by clicking here.
The Visiting Committee is composed of representatives of those who hire our graduates, including BS, MS and PhD-degree holders. The Committee fulfills an important role in the Department by providing feedback, ensuring that students graduating at all levels have the skills needed to be marketable. During their annual meeting, the Committee members hear from the chair, faculty, undergraduate students, graduate students and College administrators about the programs and the curriculum. The Committee reports its findings to the chair, the dean and the provost.
- Richard K. Smith, Advisory Committee Chair
- Alan Brannon, Berkshire Hathaway Energy, Gas Transmission & Storage
- Charlie Burd, Gas & Oil Association of WV
- John K. Reinhart, Chief Executive Officer, MUGNUM HUNTER Resources Corp
- Mike E. Ellis, Threeway Resources LLC
- Sharon O. Flanery, Steptoe & Johnson, PLLC
- L.J Timms, Jr., Consultant
- Len Fry, Southwest
- Rick Toothman, Consultant (formerly, Stone Energy)
- Ben A. Hardesty, Alta Energy, LLC
- Bevin VanGilder, Corporate Strategic Planning, Chevron Corporation
- Mike A. John, President, N.E. Natural Energy, LLC
- Salam P. Salamy, Vice President, Upstream Professional Development Center Saudi Arabian Oil Company
- Phil L. Stalnaker, Senior Vice President, Coterra Energy, Inc.
- James A. Ray, President, Ray Resources